Friday, March 20, 2015

My mother

The last 20 years have taught me more about life than the previous 41 years.  Loss and redemption are often related in popular literature but to me loss is just that and redemption is a happenstance.

My mother died last October and since that time I have again realized love is eternal.  Of all the people on Earth the one I counted on was my mother.  I have exceptional friends and family and I know that.  She is the sole person I knew I could talk with about most anything.  She would offer me great advice and wonderful insights based on her observation of my life.

In the days, weeks, and months since she died I have missed her on a daily basis.  Whether in casual thought about her possibly liking something I could discuss with her to waking up from a dream in tears I miss her.  Sometimes in my life I did not appreciate her and sometimes she was not on my mind.  I wish I could get back those times and change them.

This has made me realize how important my family and friends are.  If your parents are alive CALL THEM and say how much you love them.  If you have something keeping you apart fix it, if possible.  Pride is a great destroying force in relationships.  If you are prideful and thus cut off I would recommend swallowing your pride.  I have sons and other family members and Friends who are dear to me.

Let the people you love know it!




No comments:

Post a Comment